What Are The Beliefs
Of Japanese Buddhism?
If you are here it’s because you are interested in Buddhism and maybe even Japanese Buddhism. Maybe I started out like you: with a keen interest and no real knowledge. I have decided to make this website after starting my quest for knowledge and I hope to share with you what I learned.
The world of Buddhism is vast.
Just to give you an example, look at this map of Buddhism in the world. So many countries are Buddhist. Of course, even in Christian countries, many people follow Buddha. (Here is Buddhist Temple Directory) I found out that some of our well know celebrities are also Buddhist.
Buddhism puts you in a state of zen – a state I was able to achieve after I read a number of great air purifier reviews and invested in the best air purifier for my house.
Of course, we all know the Dalai Lama and the amazing air quality in Lhasa but what kind of Buddhism does he actually follow? Did you know that
there are more than one school of Buddhism? I didn’t know that when I first started my researches…
…My goal is to discuss, in plain
words, the history, beliefs and symbols,
among many other things, of Buddhism with a focus on Japan, where art
and aestheticism is strongly influenced by the Zen school.
To study the Buddha-way is to study the self.
To study the self is to forget the self.
To forget the self is to be enlightened by the ten thousand dharmas.
Read on, share your views
and experiences with us and enjoy the beauty, simplicity and values of a
way of life.
Visit the Buddhist picture galleries and the Buddhist goods store.
Here is what some readers have said
“Many thanks for taking the effort to put this website together and sending out the e-zine.” –Gareth, Best Reviews
Please Help Japanese Buddhism
“I am so pleased to
read this site. I hope your site may satisfy my interest in knowing and
learning about Buddhism that Japanese People believe in.
Thank you ” —Hari, Nepal
Would you like to visit Japan? there are so many things to do and so many Japanese temples to visit.
- Your Story about Japanese buddhism
- Here’s an invitation to participate and inspire others by sharing your story on any aspects of Japanese Buddhism.
- Ask me Something
- Reader’s questions or answered here. Submit yours!
- Buddhism in the News
- Come here to read about Buddhism in the news and give your opinion on today’s subject
- World Buddhist Temple Directory
- On this page, you will find a directory of Buddhist temples around the world.
- Japanese Buddhism Pictures
- Japanese Buddhism Pictures because Japan is so beautiful.
- The Principles of Buddhism
- Here are explained in simple words the principles of Buddhism
- Meditation Techniques
- Meditation techniques are numerous. Even if meditation is a
practice at the very core of Buddhism (The Buddha attained enlightment
through meditation after all!) it is not practiced by all Buddhist.
- Japanese Religion
- Japanese Religion as we know it today is a mix of Shinto and Buddhism. It has a long and usually peaceful history of co-habitation.
- Japanese culture and traditions
- Japanese culture and traditions are part of what makes Japanese
Buddhism so compeling. Through the years I have been writing
this site, I realized that people are also interested in Japanese
- Buddhist Celebrities
- A Short List of Some Buddhist Celebrities, how they came to be associated to Buddhism and What branch they follow
- Buddhism in Japan
- Like many other things through history, Japan has imported many things. Buddhism in Japan has been colored to suit the local religion and customs.
- Buddhist Practice
- Buddhists practice on a daily basis to improve their lives or to attain enlightment. Daily meditation and chanting is a scientificaly proven way of improving our lives.
- Buddhist Pantheon
- The Buddhist Pantheon, as seen in Japan is a huge compilation of Buddhas, Bodhisattvas, Wisdom kings, tenbus (heavenly creatures) and enlightened master.
- Japanese Temples: what, where, how
- Visiting Japanese temples is an unavoidable part of visiting Japan, we tell you how to visit them, where to go and what to do once there.
- Social Issues and Buddhism
- In traditional Buddhist societies like Tibet and Nepal, where Buddhism really flows through every aspect of life, social issues encountered in the West are practily unknown.
- About Us
- I am a Canadian living in Japan and I have been interested in Buddhism since, at least, 1997. Come and visit my page and let me know what you think about it.
- Help Japanese Buddhism
- Japanese Buddhism needs your help to get better. Here are some ways you can help.
- Japanese Buddhism partner sites
- Here is a list of partner sites related to Japan or Buddhism that might be of value to you.